Sunday, April 28, 2013

tiger trials...

yesterday was the tiger trials track invitational. i threw shot put and discus. i was very excited for this meet because it was good preparation for the byu invitational next week. to qualify for the byu meet you have to throw a certain distance. for shot put it is 29 feet and discus it is 87 feet. my first event yesterday was discus. i was in the second flight which means i'm not the best but i'm not the worst :) the rest of the girls from orem were in the third flight. my first throw i scratched because i fell out the front, but i'm pretty sure it was a bad throw anyways. my second throw i threw 80.6 and that is a pr for me by 4 feet. i was really happy. my third throw was short so it wasn't marked. i went onto finals being placed 7th. my first throw was out of the sector so it didn't count. my second throw was 83.5 feet and i was real happy! i got two pr's. my last throw hit the pole so i scratched again. i only marked two throws and they were both pr's haha. anyways we had to wait a while until shot put started. all of us orem girls were in the last flight. we all went into finals placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. in preliminaries i threw a 29.3 which was a pr and then a 29.5, another pr. at finals my first throw was 29 even. i had to get 30 if i wanted to even think about medaling. my second throw was 30.5! i was so happy! my last throw was short but that's okay! so i ended up beating one girl from orem and medaling for the first time! we took the top 4 spots and overall won the track meet! 
(lesa got 1st, gloria got 2nd and i got 3rd..)

(my very first medal)

another way successful weekend for the tigers! 

next stop byu invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment