Saturday, April 20, 2013

track and field...

yesterday and today i was at the utah county track and field invitational. yesterday i threw shot put and today i threw discus. i'm pretty happy about my personal performance and as a team. orem girls won first overall. we won the whole meet! yesterday for shot bonnie mua from orem took 1st overall, gloria james from orem took 2nd, lesa mua from orem took 3rd and i took 4th! we killed it. today in discus i won my flight and i was the only one from my flight to make it to finals. lesa mua took 1st overall, gloria james took 2nd, bonnie mua took 3rd and i took 6th. in shot i p.r.ed twice! the last throw of preliminaries i threw a 28.2 and that was a p.r. the first throw of finals i threw a 28 even and my second throw i threw 29 even, another p.r. my third throw in finals was 28.5. so i basically threw 3 p.r.s but not really. it was awesome. 33.something is qualifying for state and i'm really close. i'm gonna do it! disc was not my best day. my p.r. before today was 73.2 and today my first throw was 76 something! i was very happy until my 2nd and 3rd throw were worse by like ten feet. i still qualified for finals and then ended up throwing a 73.6 or something in finals. lesa threw a 104.6! she is awesome. on glorias final throw she threw it over the fence and hit a car... i think it is SO funny! it was paulas sister and brother in law's car too! oh man what a fun weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment