Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"don't you ever grow up"...

so basically i'm way excited that i'm gonna be sixteen in four days! it's pretty crazy to me and i seriously don't feel like it's here. but it is. right around the corner.
i look back and think how i thought that twelve was so old (only because i was a beehive obviously) and then fourteen was huge (only because i was a miamaid of course) i thought that i'd be like mature and stuff...
i still wish that i wanted the sit cris-cross applesauce. i wish i still got excited and ran to see my dad when he got home from work. i wish i could still have my hair parted down the middle with my moms signature pigtail braids in my hair. i always thought i couldn't wait until i was grown up because i would grow out of my baby fat, but baby fat was cute back then. it's not so much cute when i have fat now. i'll be honest as excited as i am to turn sixteen and flee the house in my truck whenever i want, looking back on my years... kind wish i never grew up...



(paige ellen hamblin age 6)




(paige ellen hamblin almost 10 years later)


"oh darlin' don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. just stay this little. oh darlin' don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. it could stay this simple. i won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart, and no one will dessert you. just try to never grow up."
-taylor swift

No comments:

Post a Comment